SD Europe is a non-profit organisation meeting the need for meaningful supporter involvement in the running of football clubs and the sustainable development of the game as a whole.
Active in 38 countries across Europe, SD Europe represents grassroots and national supporters organisations, as well as amateur and professional member-run football clubs. The organisation also supports the implementation of the supporter liaison officer (SLO) licensing requirement on behalf of Uefa, and has observer status on the Standing Committee of the European Convention on Spectator Violence.
Established in 2007 with support from Uefa, the organisation also advises clubs on their ownership and governance structures and works with football governing bodies, leagues, confederations, and European institutions.
What We Do
- Help democratic supporters groups across Europe gain and increase their influence over the game
- Advise local and national supporters groups, clubs and governing bodies on governance and ownership models
- Encourage increased dialogue between groups across Europe; and also between Uefa and its stakeholders, including its members associations and other football organisations, the European Commission and Parliament
- Provide advice and support with the implementation of Supporter Liaison Officers (Article 35 of UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations)
- Coordinate European Commission-funded projects, include the current Erasmus+ project LIAISE
- Work with like-minded organisations interested in promoting a more sustainable game for all including FSE (Football Supporters Europe), FARE (Football Against Racism in Europe), CAFÉ (Centre for Access to Football in Europe), FIFPro and Play The Game.