SD Europe is an organisation that assists democratic supporters’ groups in achieving formal structured involvement in their clubs and associations, while developing member ownership of football clubs.
Established in 2007 with support from UEFA, SD Europe also advises clubs on their ownership and governance structure and works with football governing bodies, leagues, UEFA, and European institutions. SD Europe is a members organisation in its own right with 11 different countries represented by a range of national supporter organisations, supporters organisations and clubs.
SD Europe is a registered business name of European Supporters Alliance (CLG). The company is registered in Dublin, Ireland (No. 589689), with its registered office located at: Bishopstown Training Ground, Curraheen, Cork, Ireland.
What We Do
SD Europe works with supporters, member-run clubs and other stakeholders in more than 35 countries. We:
- Help democratic supporters groups across Europe gain and increase their influence over the game.
- Advise local and national supporters’ groups, clubs and governing bodies on governance and ownership models.
- Promote better understanding of UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations.
- Provide advice and support with the implementation of Supporter Liaison Officers (Article 35 of UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations).
- Encourage increased dialogue between groups across Europe; and also between UEFA and its stakeholders, including its members associations and other football organisations, the European Commission and Parliament.
- Coordinated the European Commission-funded project, Improving Football Governance through Supporter Involvement and Community Ownership.
- Liaise closely with our partners FSE (Football Supporters Europe), FARE (Football Against Racism in Europe), CAFÉ (Centre for Access to Football in Europe) and Play The Game.
Who We Are