Clubs and Supporters for Better Governance in Football
The Clubs and Supporters for Better Governance in Football (CSBGiF) project was a two-year collaborative partnership, coordinated by SD Europe and co-financed by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union and Uefa.
The project aimed to help promote EU principles on good governance in sport through a training, education and exchange programme involving member-run football clubs and national supporters’ organisations from six EU states. The programme addressed three core topics:
- Good governance
- Financial sustainability
- Member/volunteer engagement and democratic participation
Online Training Tool
The project saw the development of an online training tool based on the materials shared at the three workshops and the exchange visits. This course is free and available to everyone, and you can register for your account here:
To read more information about the training tool and its content, click here.
Project Outputs & Outcomes
The project had a number of significant outputs and outcomes throughout its lifetime.
- A summary of the three training events and additional meetings
- Read about the 17 transnational exchange visits
- Read the Interim evaluation report
- Read the Final evaluation report
Further outputs & outcomes from the project are available from our Resources section.
Partners and contributing organisations attended a total of three training events, which were supplemented by a series of one-to-one exchange visits. The project also included a research and evaluation element and the development of an online training resource.
The partners and contributing organisations were as follows:
- Cava United Football Club (Italy)
- Club de Accionariado Popular Ciudad de Murcia (Spain)
- Cork City Football Club (Republic of Ireland)
- FASFE (Spain)
- Football Club United of Manchester (United Kingdom)
- Irish Supporters’ Network (Republic of Ireland)
- Malmö F.F. (Sweden)
- Schalke 04 (Germany)
- Svenska Fotbollssupporterunionen (Sweden)
- Supporters in Campo (Italy)
- Unsere Kurve (Germany)
The project will be supported by an advisory board, made up of:
- Jonas Baer-Hoffmann (Head of Public Affairs, FIFPro Division Europe)
- Ivo Belet MEP (Member of the European Parliament)
- Sean Hamil (Director, Birkbeck Sport Business Centre, Department of Management, Birkbeck College, University of London)
- Dr Joachim Lammert (Universität Leipzig, Sportwissenschaftliche Fakultät, FG Sportmanagement)
- Pedro Velázquez (EU Sports Governance expert)
For more information about SD Europe’s other EU-funded projects, see Our Projects. Resources, findings and summaries of the outcomes of the project are available from our Resources section or by getting in touch with the team here.