Clubs and Supporters for Better Governance in Football
The Clubs and Supporters for Better Governance in Football (CSBGiF) project was a two-year collaborative partnership, coordinated by SD Europe and co-financed by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union and Uefa.
The project aimed to help promote EU principles on good governance in sport through a training, education and exchange programme involving member-run football clubs and national supporters’ organisations from six EU states. The programme addressed three core topics:
- Good governance
- Financial sustainability
- Member/volunteer engagement and democratic participation
Project Outputs & Outcomes
The project had a number of significant outputs and outcomes throughout its lifetime.
- A summary of the three training events and additional meetings
- Read about the 17 transnational exchange visits
- Read the Interim evaluation report
- Read the Final evaluation report
Further outputs & outcomes from the project are available from our Resources section.
Partners and contributing organisations attended a total of three training events, which were supplemented by a series of one-to-one exchange visits. The project also included a research and evaluation element and the development of an online training resource.
The partners and contributing organisations were as follows:
- Cava United Football Club (Italy)
- Club de Accionariado Popular Ciudad de Murcia (Spain)
- Cork City Football Club (Republic of Ireland)
- FASFE (Spain)
- Football Club United of Manchester (United Kingdom)
- Irish Supporters’ Network (Republic of Ireland)
- Malmö F.F. (Sweden)
- Schalke 04 (Germany)
- Svenska Fotbollssupporterunionen (Sweden)
- Supporters in Campo (Italy)
- Unsere Kurve (Germany)
The project will be supported by an advisory board, made up of:
- Jonas Baer-Hoffmann (Head of Public Affairs, FIFPro Division Europe)
- Ivo Belet MEP (Member of the European Parliament)
- Sean Hamil (Director, Birkbeck Sport Business Centre, Department of Management, Birkbeck College, University of London)
- Dr Joachim Lammert (Universität Leipzig, Sportwissenschaftliche Fakultät, FG Sportmanagement)
- Pedro Velázquez (EU Sports Governance expert)
For more information about SD Europe’s other EU-funded projects, see Our Projects. Resources, findings and summaries of the outcomes of the project are available from our Resources section or by getting in touch with the team here.