Welcome to the Clubs and Supporters for Better Governance in Football project.
This project will help promote EU principles on good governance in sport. It will do this through a training, education and exchange programme involving member-run football clubs and national supporters’ organisations, from seven EU states, over two years.
The programme will address three core topics:
- Good governance
- Financial sustainability
- Member/volunteer engagement and democratic participation
Partners and contributing organisations will attend a total of three in-person sessions, which will be supplemented by a series of one-to-one exchange visits. The project will also include a research and evaluation element; and the development of an online training resource.
The partners and contributing organisations are as follows:
- Cava United Football Club (Italy)
- Club de Accionariado Popular Ciudad de Murcia (Spain)
- Conseil National des Supporters de Football (France)
- Cork City Football Club (Republic of Ireland)
- FASFE (Spain)
- Football Club United of Manchester (United Kingdom)
- Irish Supporters’ Network (Republic of Ireland)
- Malmö F.F. (Sweden)
- Schalke 04 (Germany)
- Svenska Fotbollssupporterunionen (Sweden)
- Supporters in Campo (Italy)
- Unsere Kurve (Germany)
For more information about the partners and contributing organisations, please see Partners.
The project will be supported by an advisory board, made up of:
- Jonas Baer-Hoffmann (Head of Public Affairs, FIFPro Division Europe)
- Ivo Belet MEP (Member of the European Parliament)
- Sean Hamil (Director, Birkbeck Sport Business Centre, Department of Management, Birkbeck College, University of London)
- Dr Joachim Lammert (Universität Leipzig, Sportwissenschaftliche Fakultät, FG Sportmanagement)
- Pedro Velázquez (EU Sports Governance expert)
+ + + + +
Details about our previous European project: